May was an exciting month, I did things that I’ve never done before…like going to Italy for the first time in my life! Amazing experience, if you have thought about going hesitate no further, it is a great place to visit.
I probably wouldn’t live there, but it does have its perks. Italy is beautiful and full of history everywhere you go, but I digress. Now, before I begin with my goals for June I want to give you all an update on how I did in May.
- Start phase one of my social media strategy -It was hard to put my strategy in place, I was under the impression that I would have decent internet access during my trip, but that didn’t work out.
- Build my email list by at least 100 subscribers -Ha! I was being an overachiever, as I usually am, but my email list did grow (a little bit).
- Publish 2 articles per week -Ehem! Still being an over achiever, next time I’ll start with one article per week and then work my way up.
- Finalize and publish 2 free resources -They are still on the works, but I did finish my resource page (at least for now).
- Connect with at least 1 fellow blogger (any other newbies out there?) -I’ve interacted with other bloggers, but I don’t think I’ve actually made a connection. So it remains as a goal.a
- Set up bi-weekly marketing strategy for N&N Boutique (it’s my mom’s Etsy store)- I’m actually proud of this one. There’s still a lot of work to be done and I need to improve my consistency, but it was a good month.
- Watch Captain America: Civil War (what? I’m a big nerd) It was amazing! I really enjoyed the movie and was on Captain America’s team, for the most part, until the ending (super awesome fight).
- Finalize details for Italy Tour and have a successful trip (totally work related, I swear) -You already heard from me that I did go, and it was amazing! I got sick for half a day in Florence, but the rest of the trip was great.
- Lose 4 pounds (I’m on a journey to a healthier life style) -I’m going with fifty-fifty on this one, because I did lose two pounds (mind you I was eating pasta and bread for almost two weeks straight), and every pound is a win in my book.
- Finalize house search (eek! Yes, I’m buying my first home) –Let’s just say I’m closer to the goal, but don’t want to jinx myself just yet.
- Make at least an extra $50 -Well, well, this one was a great success. I did make a little over fifty in May, let’s hope June is just as successful.
- Create vacation fund for 2017 (need to start saving now) –Total and complete Fail! Because of my house search (and upcoming house expenses), it’s been hard to save towards vacation. I should’ve been more realistic on this one.
- Work-out at least 2 hours per week (we all need to start somewhere) -I plead the fifth…Okay it wasn’t that bad, for two weeks straight I did more walking than I’ve done in the whole year so that should amount to something.
Phew! May was not a very successful month, but I did find myself very busy and enjoyed it for all of the accomplishments that came that month.
Now what’s coming for June, well…
- Try Something New (it’s vague for a reason)
- 4 articles per month
- Increase subscribers list
- Create Social Media Marketing Course
- Connect with at least one fellow blogger (I will make that connection)
- Start phase one of Social Media strategy
- Read one book for enrichment
- Participate in 3 other blogs
- Create a free resource for readers
- Change someone’s life for the better
The list is much shorter this time, and in some ways, much more realistic. I don’t regret starting off as an overachiever, life I did my previous month, that’s just the type of person that I am. However, through experience, you live and learn so you can adjust moving forward. I hope that you were all able to accomplish at least one goal you’ve set out for yourself, and challenge yourself to achieve all of your goals throughout time.
What are your goals for this month? How did you do in May? What did you learn? Please share your thoughts in the comments below and thank you so much for following me in this crazy journey of mine.